Assembling Self

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Genetic Equations

I hate math, always have, always will.  Somewhere in my genetics only things artistic got through.  Like my music ability and talent.  And yes, yes, yes, I know music is math but as I told my college advisor PLEASE do not ruin it for me.  I see now I have a genetic connection to music as my birth great grandmother was a concert pianist and music teacher, one of the few true pieces of identifying information I have about my birthfamily.  I see music as more of a language you read, interpret, and perform.  Much like writing. Along with dancing, which is my birthmother's favorite thing as she stated in her letter to me, these are my favorite past times.  My dream would be to be able to spend the rest of my life in pursuit of the arts.  I  wonder if my birth parents wonder who and what I am now and what genetics they bequeathed me.  Mother's Day and Father's Day are coming up.  Maybe they will think of me as a parent I don't know how they could not.  But, then again maybe I have long been left in the past.

Equations

One plus one they say makes two but I'm not sure if this is true.
In this case one and one made three explaining how I came to be.
Then three came in between the sum divides them back to one and one.
These equations seem to break all the laws of give and take.
But life not always plays by rules nor by facts we learned in school.
I know this all so very well I only hope to "show and tell".
When one and one took separate paths no one needs to do the math.
To know this story problem's mine.
I'm the remainder left behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment