Assembling Self

Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Powers That Be

The Powers That Be
(written regarding adoption agencies, judges, lawyers, and bureaucracies)

You took away my family.
You took away my home.
You erased away my history,
now most of it is gone.

What gives to you the right
to do this injustice unto me?
How can you be so blinded?
How is it you can't see?

Your stealing from the innocent
are you so unaware?
You're playing God with all our lives.
Did you think we wouldn't care?

Who gave to you the authority
to decide how we will live?
Who granted you this power?
It was not theirs to give.

You treat us as possessions.
We are not yours to own.
How did you get the notion,
you can tell me where is home?

Do not dictate to me about
how I should live my life
or who I can call mother,
then take away my rights.

The answers to life's questions,
you say I need not know.
You're asking the impossible,
the questions only grow.

What it is I'm asking for is
for you to understand.
Until I have those answers,
I can not know who it is I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment